Chronic disease annual reviews
- This is an annual nurse led review of a patients chronic problems the include:
- Heart disease
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- This will be done on the month of the patient's birthday
- You should receive a letter the month before your birthday to advise if you need a blood test and invite you to book an appointment with one of our practice nurses
- In addition patients suffering hypothyroidism will be sent out a blood test once a year on the month of their birthday
Other chronic condtions not covered by the annual reviews
These are listed below and if you have not discussed these with a doctor or nurse in the past year then please book an appointment.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Mental Health Illness
- Learning Disability
- Dr. Hickson is the Practice Leads for Diabetes
- Diabetes clinics run on a Tuesday and a Thursday and these are led by our practice nurses
- This would include a foot check, blood pressure check and dietary advice
- You may also be referred for blood tests, chiropodist or to dietician
- Depending on how well the condition is controlled you are usually seen twice a year
- You are usually sent a letter for an annual appointment for diabetic eye screening - this is not generated by the practice
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 pandemic the advise from the British Medical Association and the Royal College of General Practice is that this be postponed until the pandemic is over. Please click here for more information on the guidance.
We are not currently providing steroid joint injections for the reasons above.
- There are carried out by the practice nurse in a routine appointment
- If you are unsure if your child is due a vaccine then please look at the NHS vaccinations and when to have them page.
- This is for children of all ages who require immunisations
- If you child is unwell then we can re-arrange your appointment for a later date when you think it is likely that your child will have recovered from their illness
Mother & Baby Six Week Check
This clinic is run by Dr Hickson, Dr Zurub, Dr Karir and Dr Marston for checks on mother and baby, six weeks after a baby’s birth. Dr. Zurub has a special interest in Child Health Surveillance. Further information on this clinic is available on our ‘Pregnancy and Maternity’ page within the ‘Clinics and Services’ tab at the top of the page.